You have recently bought Samsung Galaxy M10 smartphone and facing various problems with the smartphone? If yes, then in this article, we will be addressing the common issues on Samsung Galaxy M10.
Every smartphone has some bugs, issues with software and hardware. There are No such smartphones that we can say are perfect. On your Samsung device, if you face any problems related to software, it can be easily fixed with this article.
But if there is a problem with your phone’s hardware, you have to contact customer support and get it repaired.
- 1 Troubleshooting Common Problems in Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.1 Network problems in Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.2 Samsung Galaxy M10 Lagging issue
- 1.3 Bluetooth not working in Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.4 Overheating Problems in Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.5 Camera issues on Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.6 Battery draining fast in Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.7 Samsung Galaxy M10 stuck on boot screen
- 1.8 Apps and games keep crashing on Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.9 Samsung Galaxy M10 can’t connect to WiFi issue
- 1.10 App not installed error in Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.11 Unable to Send or Receive Text Messages on Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.12 Samsung Galaxy M10 turn off randomly
- 1.13 Can’t Make or Receive Phone Calls on Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.14 Apps not downloading from Play Store on Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.15 Fingerprint sensor not working Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.16 Microphone not working on Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.17 Face unlock not working Samsung Galaxy M10
- 1.18 Samsung Galaxy M10 is continually freezing or crashing
- 1.19 Common troubleshooting steps for Samsung devices
- 2 About Samsung Galaxy M10
- 3 Conclusion
Troubleshooting Common Problems in Samsung Galaxy M10
I’m going to be discussing the different troubleshooting problems that come up in Samsung Galaxy M10 smartphones. This blog post is designed to help you troubleshoot any issues that may arise with your phone.
This guide covers common issues such as Network fluctuations, Battery life, Charging, Overheating, Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth pairing, Camera quality, and more.
Network problems in Samsung Galaxy M10
This network problem is often caused by almost every android device. If your Samsung phone does not receive a proper signal or the mobile network is not working or fluctuating. Consider the below steps:
- Check if there is a software update available for your device. If available, update it.
- Turn off your device. Remove SIM card from Samsung Galaxy M10 and reinsert the SIM again.
- Open notification panel. Turn ON airplane mode for few seconds and then turn it Off.
- Head over to SIM & Network → Access Point Names → Reset Network settings to default.
- You may face network issues if you have unlocked bootloader, installed Custom ROM, or recovery.
- Make sure to enable Roaming services from the Network settings.
- Call your network provider and ask them whether the problem is caused from their end.
- Once you have applied the above fixes, make sure to restart Samsung Galaxy M10 smartphone.
Also read: How to Root Samsung Galaxy M10 using Magisk
Samsung Galaxy M10 Lagging issue
Do you feel a slow and sluggish smartphone interface? If so, then here is the solution for your device. This problem with smartphones affects almost everyone, being the most common issue across all devices today.
However, this can happen even in new phones due to our tendency to fill RAM on newer models with apps or files we don’t actually need anymore.
Make sure to read the below fix completely to avoid confusion.
- Check if your Samsung Galaxy M10 device temperature is high. Sometimes due to overheating, various features of the device stopped working.
- Have you opened multiple tabs on the browser? If yes, then close it. Opening so many tabs increases RAM usage on your phone.
- To make the device work properly, you must have some internal storage space left on your phone.
- Remove unwanted apps from devices such as Antivirus app, junk cleaner app.
- Have you recently installed an app and facing a lagging issue? If yes, then uninstall that app, following which the problem started.
- If you have a microSD card inserted on your phone, make sure to use Class 10 microSD cards, they are faster than normal cards.
- Update your phone software to the latest version if available.
- Are you facing low storage issues? Yes, then use the lite version of the apps like Facebook Lite, Messenger Lite, Twitter Lite, YouTube Go, etc.
- Open the play store and update all your apps if updates are available.
- Using a third-party launcher? Uninstall it straight away. Most of the time, using various launcher apps makes the device slow.
- Also, uninstall any third-party icon packs or font packs installed on your phone.
- Clear cache and junk files from your device, and it should fix the issue.
- There must be a hardware problem if you still encounter lagging issues on the Samsung Galaxy M10 device.
Bluetooth not working in Samsung Galaxy M10
Bluetooth pairing and connecting problems can be a pain. Your phone may not connect to your car, or you might see an error message when trying to pair with speakers.
Don’t worry. Here is what you can do to fix this issue.
- Try connecting Bluetooth in stable condition.
- Keep your phone out of the bags or compact environment.
- Make sure you have paired the Bluetooth device correctly with your Samsung Galaxy M10. Incorrect pairing often causes the problem.
- Check if your device’s Bluetooth visibility is hidden.
- Are you sending lots of files over Bluetooth in one go? remember, Bluetooth can send small files, not big files.
- If you have enabled Power saving mode and safe mode, then disable it.
- Reboot your phone, and then again try to connect Bluetooth.
- When the Bluetooth devices are not close enough to each other, it causes limited connectivity.
- Check if there is a software update available for your device. If available, update it.
- Still, you are facing Bluetooth connectivity problems? Yes, then try factory resetting your Samsung Galaxy M10 device.
Must read: How to Take Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy M10
Overheating Problems in Samsung Galaxy M10
Your phone regularly heats up, but it could be the battery or something else. It’s not uncommon for phones to heat up when you’re using them.
This is usually a sign of intensive processing activity at work, such as playing games and streaming music or running multiple apps simultaneously.
Here are the steps to get rid of the heating issue.
- Close apps running in the background and check if this helps you to fix the problem.
- Perform a basic restart to your Samsung phone and check if this solves the problem.
- Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and other connectivity options when not in use.
- Open the notification panel and Turn Off Auto-brightness.
- Is this issue caused by charging your phone through a power bank? If yes, then it is the main reason.
- Many times playing games while charging the device causes heating issues.
- The surrounding temperature may be responsible for overheating of the device.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy M10 phone into Safe mode and check if this helps.
- Make sure your phone Software and Apps are up to date.
- You may face a heating issue if you have lots of Apps installed on your phone.
- Uninstall the Apps and Games which are not in use.
- Free up internal storage as must as possible. This will surely improve your phone’s overall experience.
- If you do play high-end graphics games, then heating is considered to be normal.
- Scan your phone through PC Antivirus software. There may be a virus on your phone which is causing a heating issue.
Camera issues on Samsung Galaxy M10
Are you facing poor camera quality pictures on Samsung Galaxy M10 smartphone? If yes, then here are the proven steps to fix this issue.
- A bug in the android OS causes this issue. To fix it, you have to wait for an official update from your device manufacturer.
- Have you installed a third-party camera app and facing this issue? Yes, then uninstall it and use the official camera app.
- If you want the best result from your camera, make sure to use the Image stabilization option.
- Clear cache of the camera app and open the app. Check if this solves the problem.
- From the camera app, enable the HD option.
- Check and remove any pre-installed glass guard on your phone screen.
- If you are getting darker images, turn ON the camera flashlight.
- Making changes to camera settings may cause this problem. Change camera settings to default and check if the issue is resolved.
- Remove camera filter from your phone if you are using any.
- Clean Samsung Galaxy M10 camera lens and check if this solves the problem.
- There must be a problem with the hardware on Samsung Galaxy M10, so the camera is not working properly.
Battery draining fast in Samsung Galaxy M10
It is a common problem faced by almost every smartphone owner. If your Samsung Galaxy M10 battery is draining fast, then usually try the below steps to fix it.
- Uninstall junk cleaning apps such as Cleaner, RAM booster apps. These apps run in the background and continuously drain the battery.
- Turn Off the Auto brightness and lower down the brightness when not needed.
- Head over to Settings → Display → Screen timeout → Select Minimum Screen time to 30 Seconds. This way, your phone screen will automatically turn off when not in use.
- Open the notification menu and Turn ON Power saving mode on your Samsung Galaxy M10.
- Turn Off Bluetooth, GPS, Location, etc., when not in use.
- If you face a battery draining issue when your mobile data is Turn ON, it is normal.
- Check if you are facing this issue while your device is running in Safe mode.
- Turn Off notifications for apps that are not important.
- One of the reasons can be your device might be affected by malware. Clean it using Antivirus apps.
- Gaming for longer time or watching videos can cause this problem.
- If you are still facing the battery draining issue on Samsung Galaxy M10, visit the Samsung service center and get your phone battery checked.
Samsung Galaxy M10 stuck on boot screen
Does your Samsung Galaxy M10 is stuck on the “Samsung” logo and won’t boot up? If so, don’t worry. We may be able to help you fix this issue and get back up and running quickly.
Below we have covered some possible fixes for getting rid of that annoying boot loop or soft brick problem.
- Force Restart Samsung Galaxy M10: Press and Hold Volume Down + Power button until your device reboots. This will usually clear the memory and helps the device to start normally.
- Restart Samsung Galaxy M10 into Safe Mode:
- To do that, Turn Off your phone if you can’t turn it off. Let the phone drain its battery completely until the device turns Off.
- Once your phone reboot into safe mode, check for the problem. There might be an app that is causing a boot loop issue.
- You can uninstall the app and restart your phone into normal mode.
- If your device still not boots up, repeat 1-4 steps.
- Boot Samsung Galaxy M10 into Recovery Mode: Once your device boot into recovery mode, the very first thing you need to do is clear the cache partition. If that won’t help, then factory reset your phone.
- After applying the above steps, contact Samsung Service Center and get your phone repaired if the issue is not resolved.
Apps and games keep crashing on Samsung Galaxy M10
When you try to open an app or a game on Samsung Galaxy M10, and it suddenly crashes, then don’t worry.
It is a common problem and can be easily fixed by following the below steps.
- Your apps and games may be outdated. Update all the apps to the latest version.
- Clear cache of the specific app in which you are facing the crashing issue.
- Go to Settings → Apps → Tap the Three dots → Tap on Reset App Preferences. Check if the problem is fixed.
- There are possibilities that the problem is caused due to a phone virus.
- Check if there is a Software update available for Samsung Galaxy M10. If available, update it.
- Restart your phone and check if this solves the problem.
- Make sure to disable Power saving mode on Samsung Galaxy M10 if enabled.
Samsung Galaxy M10 can’t connect to WiFi issue
When you try connecting Wifi on Samsung Galaxy M10, the wifi network fails to connect despite entering the correct password? If yes, then follow the below steps to fix the Wifi problem on your Samsung phone.
- Forget Wifi and Reconnect:
- Open Wifi settings.
- Tap on the Wifi network and tap on Forget.
- Then, Turn Off and Turn ON Wifi on Samsung Galaxy M10.
- Next, tap on the Wifi network, enter the password and try connecting again.
- Check the number of connected devices to the Wifi network. If the network has reached the maximum number of devices, then you may face this issue.
- Reset your device Network Settings: To do that, Open Settings → System → Reset options → Tap on Reset Wifi, mobile & Bluetooth option.
- Lastly, try rebooting your phone and the Wifi router. This can solve the problem for sure.
App not installed error in Samsung Galaxy M10
If you are trying to install an app using a .apk file and getting an “app not installed error,” do not worry. This is a common issue.
Check the below steps to fix the app not installed error on Samsung Galaxy M10 phone.
- The apk file you are trying to install might be corrupted. Try downloading the file again from trusted sources.
- You may have downloaded an incompatible version of the app. Try to install an older version of the app. This will surely fix the problem.
- Make sure to enable the Unknown Sources option on Samsung Galaxy M10 before installing any apk file.
- Go to Settings → Security.
- Turn on Unknown Sources.
- Now Install the app again.
- Disable Google Play Protect, to do that:
- Open Google Play store.
- Tap on the Menu → Play Protect → Settings.
- Now Turn Off “Scan apps with Play Protect.”
- Once done, try installing the app again.
- Reset App Preferences on Samsung Galaxy M10:
- Head over to phone Settings.
- Go to Apps & Notifications → tap on Apps.
- Tap on the Three dots → finally, tap on Reset app preferences.
- One of the common reasons for app not installed error is Insufficient Storage. Free up some space and try installing the app again.
Unable to Send or Receive Text Messages on Samsung Galaxy M10
Are you facing problems in sending or receiving messages on Samsung Galaxy M10? Yes, then follow the below steps to fix unable to send messages on Samsung Galaxy M10 smartphone.
- Check if your phone has a sufficient SMS balance available to send messages.
- Delete messages that are no longer needed and check if this resolves the issue.
- Clear cache and data of message app on Samsung Galaxy M10. Try sending a message now.
- Reboot your phone may solve this problem.
- Turn ON Airplane/Flight mode and again Turn OFF and check if this fixes the problem.
- Open the contact app and check if the contact you are trying to send the message is not blocked.
- Contact your network provider and verify if the issue is caused from their end.
Samsung Galaxy M10 turn off randomly
If your Samsung Galaxy M10 device keeps turning off randomly, it could be a hardware or software issue.
You can easily fix this problem by following the below steps.
- Check if your phone temperature is not too high, it could be the reason for the random shutdown.
- Do not use a bulky phone case. This may cause improper ventilation of heat and results in shutting down of your phone.
- Boot Samsung Galaxy M10 in Safe mode and check if an app causes this issue.
- Scan your device through PC Antivirus software.
- After following the above steps, still facing the issue, then Hard reset your Samsung Galaxy M10.
Can’t Make or Receive Phone Calls on Samsung Galaxy M10
If you call someone and you see an error “Can’t Make or Receive Calls.” Network problems generally cause this issue.
You can follow the below steps to fix Can’t Make or Receive Phone Calls on Samsung Galaxy M10.
- Remove the SIM card from your phone and reinsert it after 10 seconds.
- Check if the Airplane mode is enabled by mistake. Make sure to disable it.
- Open Network Settings and reset to default. Check if the problem is fixed.
- Restart your device once. Try it and check.
- You might have blocked the phone contact you are trying to call. If the contact is in the block list, remove it.
- One of the common reasons for this problem is the network selection mode is set to manual mode. Change it to Automatic and check if this fixes the problem.
- If available, update your phone software to the latest version.
- Make sure your phone has sufficient balance to make a call.
Apps not downloading from Play Store on Samsung Galaxy M10
Trying to download an app from the play store, but it’s showing download pending for no reason. It’s time to fix the issue.
Check the below steps to fix the app not downloading issue on Samsung Galaxy M10 phone.
- Check if you are trying to install an app while another app is updating at the same time. You either cancel the download or let the app get updated first, then install an app.
- Clear Google Play Store cache and data.
- Also, clear Play Services and Download Manager app cache and data.
- Open Play store, Go to Settings → Network preference → tap on App download preference → select Over any network.
- Uninstall Play Store updates and again reinstall it.
- Make sure your phone has enough storage left to install the app.
- Do a basic restart to your phone and check if this solves the problem.
Fingerprint sensor not working Samsung Galaxy M10
Trying to unlock the Samsung phone, but your device doesn’t unlock it? If that’s the issue, check the below steps to fix the fingerprint sensor problem on Samsung Galaxy M10 phone.
- One of the reasons why the fingerprint sensor is not working on Samsung Galaxy M10 is due to dust, wet finger, and moisture. Clean the fingerprint module and try unlocking your device again.
- Setup fingerprint again on your phone and check if this fixes the unlocking issue.
- Restart your device and try unlocking with fingerprint again.
- Update your phone software to the latest version if available.
- Wipe System cache on Samsung Galaxy M10. To do that, boot your phone in recovery mode and Wipe Cache Partition.
- Perform a full factory reset on your phone.
- Still fingerprint not working after following the above steps. Then it means that we cannot fix it from our end. Take your Samsung Galaxy M10 phone to the service center and get it fixed.
Microphone not working on Samsung Galaxy M10
Are you trying to record your voice, or while calling, your audio is not clear by the caller? If that’s the issue, check the below steps to fix it.
- Reboot your phone into Safe mode and check if the microphone is working fine on safe mode. If working, then there is a third-party app on your device which is causing this problem.
- Make sure that there are no pending software updates available. Download and Install it if available.
- Clear cache and data for the voice recording app.
- There may be network problems due to which the person you are talking to can’t hear your voice.
- Restart your device and check if this resolves the problem.
- Factory reset your Samsung Galaxy M10. This will surely fix the microphone problem.
- Still not fixed, visit your device manufacturer service center and get it repaired.
Face unlock not working Samsung Galaxy M10
If you are unlocking Samsung Galaxy M10 using face unlock and the device doesn’t unlock, don’t worry. It’s a minor issue and can be fixed with some settings.
- Restart your phone and check if this works.
- Disable face lock on Samsung Galaxy M10 and Re-enable it.
- Remove previous face data and re−add your face again.
- Clean your front camera sensor. Your phone camera sensor may gather dirt due to which your device failed to recognize your face.
- Make sure that the selfie camera is not covered.
- If you wear a mask, sunglass hat, etc., then remove it temporally and check if your device unlocks.
- Update your phone OS to the latest version.
- Hard reset Samsung Galaxy M10 and check if this fixes the face unlock issue.
Samsung Galaxy M10 is continually freezing or crashing
While using your phone, does it freezes, or do you get System UI stopped error, Unfortunately, the system UI has stopped error? If yes, then it’s a common error that can be easily resolved.
Check the below steps to fix Unfortunately, System UI has stopped on the Samsung Galaxy M10 phone.
- Performing a basic restart to your phone can fix this issue.
- You will generally encounter this issue on the home screen. Simply remove widgets from the home screen and check if this solves the problem.
- Go to the Play Store and update all your apps.
- Clear cache and data for System UI, Play Store, and Play Services.
- Reset app preferences on Samsung Galaxy M10.
- Update your device software.
Common troubleshooting steps for Samsung devices
Here are the common troubleshooting steps which can fix all your issue on Samsung Galaxy M10 phone. These are proven steps and, in most cases fixes all your phone common problems.
Boot Samsung Galaxy M10 into Safe Mode
- Turn Off your phone.
- Now your device will boot into Safe mode.
Reset Samsung Galaxy M10 Network settings
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on System → Reset Options.
- Now tap on Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth option.
- Finally, tap on Reset settings.
Hard Reset your Phone
I have already written a dedicated guide on How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy M10.
About Samsung Galaxy M10
There are a few common problems that can occur with any electronic device. The most important thing to do is not panic and try troubleshooting the problem before replacing your Samsung Galaxy M10 or taking it in for repairs.
If you have tried all of these solutions without success, then we recommend having an expert give it a look over so they can help diagnose what might be wrong with your phone. We hope this article has been helpful!