Asus smartphones are known for their advanced features and performance. However, the stock camera app on Asus devices may not always provide the best camera experience.
That’s where the Google Camera app comes in. Google Camera, also known as GCam, is a camera application developed by Google for Android smartphones.
It is known for its advanced camera features, including Night Sight, Portrait Mode, and HDR+.
In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of installing Google Camera on any Asus device.
Download Google Camera for All Asus Phones
Google Camera is available for many Asus phones. Here is a list of some of the compatible devices:
- Asus Zenfone 7
- Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M2) ZB634KL
- Asus Zenfone 8
- Asus Zenfone 7 Pro
- Asus ROG Phone II ZS660KL
- Asus Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders
- Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL
- Asus ROG Phone 5
- Asus ROG Phone 3
- Asus ROG Phone 5s Pro
- Asus Zenfone Max Shot ZB634KL
- Asus ROG Phone 5 Ultimate
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M2) ZB631KL
- Asus Zenfone 9
- Asus ROG Phone 5 Pro
- Asus ROG Phone 5s
- Asus ROG Phone 6 Pro
Keep in mind that the availability of Google Camera on these devices may vary depending on the Android version and the device model.
Therefore, it’s recommended to check the compatibility of your Asus device before proceeding with the installation process.
Steps to Install Google Camera on Asus Phones
Currently, you’ve conquered the GCam 8.9 APK by BSG or Arnova8G2 resource file from the above links, which means that you’re ready to install this app on your Asus device.
You’d find the installation procedure exactly simple as you downloaded, and all the required handy steps are listed below in a disciplined manner.
- Download any GCam 8.9 APK version from the above links.
- Open the File Manager app and Go to the Downloads folder.
- Tap on the APK file. If you get a popup message saying to Allow Unknown Sources, tap on Allow.
- Again tap on the APK file and Install the app.
- Wait for a few seconds until the GCam 8.9 APK would get installed on your device.
- Finally, you’d glimpse an Open button to run the Google Camera app on your Asus Phones smartphone.
If the app failed to open, then follow the below steps:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Navigate to Apps → tap on See all apps.
- Select the Google Camera app from the list.
- Tap on Storage & cache → and finally tap on Clear storage & Clear cache.
How to Use Google Camera on Your Asus Phone
The final step is to use the Google Camera on your Asus Phone, as we successfully completed the downloading and installation procedure.
Similarly, this would also be the most convenient method and you’d find its simplicity on the same level as your device’s official camera.
- These steps would only work if you have an installed GCam APK on your device. If there are any crashes or errors, you can redirect to the above-mentioned note.
- If everything is fine and you can glimpse a viewfinder (rectangular camera component that you see while touching an empty surface on camera view) on GCam APK, go ahead with the below things.
- Now, open the App settings by clicking the above middle-positioned Settings icon. Later, click the More Settings tab to open all the official important settings of Google Camera.
- Tap the three-dotted Advanced button, which would soon drop you to a page listed with all the camera modes. Enable all the important ones, like HDR+ Control, Night Sight, Portrait, Panorama, and 3D Picture.
- Night Sight and Astrophotography: To enable it, open the app and navigate to Settings → Advanced options, here you can enable both modes.
Installing Google Camera on your Asus device can significantly enhance your camera experience.
Whether you want to take clear and bright photos in low-light conditions or blur the background of your photos for a professional-looking effect, the Google Camera app has you covered.
By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily install Google Camera on your Asus device and take advantage of its features.
So, download the app, configure its settings, and start capturing amazing photos and videos on your Asus device today!